Leemhuis Legal, PLLC understands every business is different with unique circumstances. We have different billing arrangements to suit your needs, whether its for an ongoing engagement or a specific limited need.
This is a traditional type of attorney/client arrangement that may still be suitable for many engagements. Rates are determined prior to commencement of work and billing is done monthly. A retainer will often be requested, particularly if third-party costs (such as filing fees) are anticipated.
This type of billing arrangement is well suited for engagements to form legal entities where the work can be performed over a short, finite period of time. We will be happy to provide a quote for this type of flat fee work.
Consider us your “in-house counsel”. Leemhuis Legal offers a retainer-based engagement for business clients where we:
- Are on call for discussions regarding any business-related issue.
- Attend meetings of the board of directors and shareholders as an active advisor.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with the CEO/CFO.
- Proactively review company governance documents (filings with the Department of State and with other jurisdictions where the company is doing business, bylaws, operating agreement or shareholders agreements, stock transfer ledger, board and shareholder minutes).
- Conduct proactive due diligence review.
Packages are tailored for the needs of all client businesses.
Packages are customized for each business based upon a client needs consultation. The work typically includes actions in the following areas:
- Annual Shareholder Meeting – work with the president and/or CEO to prepare for and hold the annual meeting of the shareholders. This work includes preparation of the meeting agenda, review and upkeep of the company shareholder ledger, delivery of proper notice to shareholders, preparation of meeting minutes, and work with the officers on post meeting follow up.
- Quarterly Board meetings – work with the president and/or CEO to prepare and hold meetings of the board of directors on an as needed basis and up to 4 times per year. This work includes assistance with the preparation of the meeting agenda, delivery of proper meeting notice, preparation of minutes, and post meeting follow up.
- Annual governance document audit. Once per year, review and update the company organizational and governance documents with the state of organization; review business operations regarding qualification in all states where it is doing business; review and update the company buy/sell agreement, shareholders’ agreement or operating agreement to assure that the documents are accurate and up to date; review and update shareholder and board meeting minutes.
- Due diligence review – view the business from the “eye of a buyer” by conducting a due diligence review of important company documents and contracts.
Available for phone conferences as needed.
- Member of board of directors. John Leemhuis is available to serve on the board of directors of for profit and not for profit organizations. He is also available to act as benefit director for benefit companies and certified B Corporations.
- Portfolio company review. Leemhuis Legal is available to assist with the preparation of companies to become ready to market by proactively preparing the organization for sale or investment. This involves taking the organization through due diligence review.